Our vision is to develop well-rounded, confident and responsible individuals who strive to achieve their full potential through a culture of high expectations.
We will do this by providing a welcoming, safe, and calm learning environment in which everyone is equal, and all achievements are celebrated.
Our core values of Believe | Strive | Achieve underpin this vision and form an integral part of a student's daily life at Westfield Academy. We want students to leave us not only having fulfilled their personal best in terms of academic results, but also equipped with these core values to enable them to thrive in all stages of their lives.
We are proud to educate students from all starting points and backgrounds. Our community is diverse; with this in mind, we want to inspire every child and their families to have high aspirations for themselves. We want them to believe they can access the best opportunities in life, and we understand that the key to this is giving them the best outcomes.
We are ambitious for our students; we believe the EBACC curriculum is a good benchmark for academic education and each year over 80% of our students successfully follow this pathway.
Our core curriculum has a good balance between knowledge and skills. It also goes beyond basic national curriculum requirements, emphasising the importance of a creative, student-centred curriculum which is suited to the context of our school community.
We want students to progressively assume more responsibility for their learning as they become more proficient in a particular skill or concept. We emphasise this through the use of The Westfield Way in our daily teaching & learning practices. To ensure they build independent skills, students are supported to work independently on extended writing and reading tasks.
Our intent is that the curriculum:
- Enables high standards of academic achievement, where outcomes empower students to progress to Higher Education.
- Provides a broad curriculum that is truly comprehensive and accessible to all students.
- Delivers opportunities for students to learn to be successful, to gain useful, transferable skills whilst also acquiring relevant knowledge.
- Expands students' perspectives through a range of spiritual, moral, social and cultural opportunities to promote their sense of moral and social responsibility.
- Ensures that all students are able to thrive and develop as healthy individuals and good citizens.
- Ensures that all students are safe and understand how to stay safe.
- Provides an appropriate range of opportunities and experiences to inspire students to succeed in the next stage in their education, training or employment.
- Closing the disadvantaged gap – targeted support for students with SEND.