Thank you for your interest in working at Westfield Academy.
If you require any additional information on a particular advert, or require information on how to complete our application forms, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department on 01923 231 560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our Expectations documents:
- Behaviour Expectations
- Classroom Expectations
- Professionalism Expectations
- Teaching and Learning Expectations
Download Testimonials about working at Westfield Academy:
Learning Support Assistant
Position Start Date: 30th October 2017
Pay Range: £16,781 – £17,772 (Full time equivalent)
Employment Type: Term time only
Date of Interview: TBA
About the role
Westfield Academy are seeking to appoint a learning Support Assistant to support the education of students in order to help overcome barriers to learning and to achieve their potential.
Workings hours 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Helping the students to access the content of lessons and to respond to tasks given.
- Contributing to curriculum differentiation which takes into account student’s needs and difficulties.
- Helping to promote the development of student’s literacy and numeracy skills so that he can achieve his potential in both.
- Monitoring & develop student’s attention, listening and concentration skills.
- Monitoring Student’s social communication and interaction and to implement actions that will promote positive development in these and integration with his peers.
- Helping the student to develop his verbal comprehension, extend his expressive language and clarity of speech.
- Promoting the development of student’s fine and gross motor skills.
- Promoting and support group work and both structured & unstructured activities that will provide opportunities for the student to develop the above skills & to experience & recognise success.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of student’s individual education plan.
- Monitoring and attend to student’s behavioural and emotional needs and to promote his well being, self awareness and independence
English & Maths GCSE are essential
Degree in any subject area is desirable
Please send your completed application, person specification and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) for the attention of Lorna Elliott, Email:- email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.